Friday, August 08, 2008

En Vacances


I just came to tell you that I'm going.

Despite le crunch du credit and that tax man shouting 'cos he wants his dough, lawdy we do need a holiday - even if it's for only a week in France from tomorrow via the dreaded Ryanair and it'll probably rain; but, you know, the cheese is nice there, the wine's cheaper too and we can look at lavendery fields for a bit. I think a person needs to look at lavendery fields for a bit, sometimes. French supermarkets are fun too. Hey, I know how to have a good time.

I will miss you.

In the manner of your Collins French-English, English-French dictionary...

Serge Gainsbourg - 'Je Suis Venu Te Dire Que Je M'En Vais' (1975)
Jarvis Cocker & Kid Loco- 'I Just Came To Tell You That I'm Going' (2006)

Back August 18th.

Allez, salut maintenant x

15 comments:

  1. Have a good one Davey, we almost popped off to France this year - love a splash of Serge. Don't overdo it on the frittes - and what are those Tabacs all about, just seem to be full of swarthy sippers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been known to sip swarthily myself de temps en temps PM - enjoy Stow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zut, alors!

    May your cheese be firm and your lavender blue .. dilly dilly.

    Your prescence will be missed down my shed.

    Bon voyage old cock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good time (if you haven't gone already).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks mes amis - nope, still here...braving lovely Stansted Airport tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bastard. I'm working until September. Right the way through. Still, when everyone else is back at work I'll be off somewhere sunny and hot.

    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a good one. Enjoy Gloria (that'll get the gossipmongers going!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a feeling Gloria and I will be spending some quality time together by the pool.

    Simon - can I come?

    ReplyDelete
  9. you get France, I get Scotland and Wales happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou pw: you'll be fine you know - it's all about being Somewhere Else, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought it was 'la singe et dans l'arbre'. It's wales for me too, tomorrow morning, although to be fair I an almost hit wales with a stone from here anyway. and sometimes do. Have a lovely affaire de gaul.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remembered it as 'dans l'arbre' too, but he seems to have developed it over the years...

    It's blogger's holiday big time next week huh? Enjoy Cymru!

    Davy H signing off x

    ReplyDelete
  13. like most postcards...I've arrived after the event.

    But you've left on a day when the UK is under a deluge of rain, so it looks like great timing on your part.

    Have a blast mon ami.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.