Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Late Stalking Feller


Something else newish for the old year, and these quiet, frosty inbetween days, that I only heard because I've been stalking Colin on late night Last FM (sorry La, but Thought Leadership comes at a price - 'How shall we think for ourselves oh Lord?' etc - and there was nothing on the telly).

Turns out the band's entire album is free from their website, with a quote from And Before The Next Kiss ('The most exciting band of the year, bar none") on the homepage even.

I am less sure about some of the other songs at first listen, though the jury is only just out and probably still fussing round the drinks cooler, but I do very much like the synth washes, New Ordery-guitar bits and very English, Tennant-esque 'rapping' on this.

Vanilla Swingers - 'I'll Stay Next To You' (2008)

PS: I am aware that 'hip' bloggers were writing about this lot months ago but you know, things take a while to reach me out here in the sticks we call middle age.

6 comments:

  1. Stalk me oh oh oh stalk me, stalk me if you think that you've heard this one before...

    I am secretly thrilled that *someone* stalks me. Even if it is a middle-aged bloke who looks like a certain actor (and ah dinnae mean Jude Law, ken).

    Heart!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to take it where you find it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Signing in from my brother-in-law's computer in Romsey, Hampshire.
    We've been on a 'tween Xmas and New Year house swap in my brother-in-law's house while they are away in New Zealand. Their house here was built in 1653 originally as a sawmill and latterly used as a pub and it has been freezing seeing as they have been away since the 1st December and we arrived on Dec 26th when it was -2C (as he said when we phoned him in NZ to find out why the heating wasn't working "welcome to living in the 17th Century!)

    I'm not sure if I'll get back on line before 2009 as we are travelling back home tomorrow (31st) and paln to meander home. So if I don't get back to my own computer Happy New Year,Davy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you & yours too Pee. Has the heating kicked in yet?

    The frost hasn't left the roofs and cartops all day here, and in mashed-in SW London suburban streets that's not usual. It's COLD OUT THERE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "PS: I am aware that 'hip' bloggers were writing about this lot months ago but you know, things take a while to reach me out here in the sticks we call middle age."

    The entire music part of my blog is predicated on this fact. Don't feel alone.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.