Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Despatches

Pat - casual
I was pleased to find this priced so reasonably on Amazon Marketplace last week, but it is taking a bloomin' long time to arrive, I must say; possibly this is the fault of the Royal Mail who seem to have an especially casual approach to deliveries in our area - sometimes we don't get our 'morning' post until 3pm, and where's the point in that, eh? Sheesh. I may have to write a stern retired Colonel-type letter about it to the right-wing press.

Anyway, pending the lovely compilation and its lovely selection of a 25 lovely northern soul classics' final arrival and because, frankly, not much else is happening round here at the moment, here is one (cracker!) I was playing earlier.

Listen to the sound of the drummer
Thumpin' to the beat of my heart


The M.V.P.'s - 'Turnin' My Heartbeat Up' (1971)

15 comments:

  1. Love that tune - have a peep at this have-a-go hero, knocking out the bass lines to Heartbeat, the end section is stunning stuff. Also Blowing Up My Mind - The Exciters on Volume 2 is a similar style of romper-stomper.

    The Talcum Soul series are also worth grabbing if you haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that bass guy whilst YouTube noodling last week! He todally rawks dude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahem. Sorry. Yes. Rather good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Heartbeat. What a tune. I had to stop myself standing and up and dancing on the train the other day when it popped up on shuffle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had I been there I, for one, would have applauded you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a bad compilation.

    I have Turning My Heartbeat Up on 7", paid over the odds for it one Sunday afternoon at a Togetherness weekender when sleep deprivation got the better of me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you checked this bass cadet - gorgeous piece of work. Properly kicks in after a 00:30 secs

    Veri = coments
    Just changed to = snedd (?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor old Pat gets the flak but you really should be looking at the words 'Amazon' and 'Marketplace' - particularly 'Marketplace'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it's funny, I was just discussing this with Mrs H - I've had such great experiences with the second-hand/indie sellers there - and genuinely groovy bargains. If this chap's fecked up rest assured he'll get a big NEGATIVE FEEDBACK thingy from me! Ha! I'll bet he's scared now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was my negative-ish feedback: 'CD arrived in reasonable time by Royal Mail 2nd class.'
    I was a bit pissed off because they charged for 1st class delivery. It was for a really cool power pop CD.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh! Cracking tune. Am very much liking your Northern Soul phase, dear boy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Readers will be pleased to know that the CD finally arrived today. I am Northern Souled up for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.