Friday, June 01, 2007

Get The Funk 'n' Spices In Here!


After eating out and partaking of rather too many Pinot Grigios last night, I shall be staying in ce soir and cooking the (in some quarters legendary) DavyH prawn curry - spices, onion, garlic, ginger and fresh tomatoes all cooked down nice and slow before the smooth coconut cream is added and the masala paste-marinated prawns and chopped coriander tumble in finally.
I find this track works well with the stirring.

Booker T & The MGs - 'Melting Pot' (1971)

(another great slice of hot soul-funk from this).
-----
[The curry in the picture is a posh BBC Food Magazine type curry, not mine. I hadn't cooked mine yet when I wrote the words - I have now, and it was nice, but it didn't have tastefully arranged limes in soft focus in the foreground. And the prawns were peeled. Just thought you should know]

4 comments:

  1. Now, the DavyH prawn curry is something I can heartily recommend. Served best with an Ibizan sunset, close friends, a seemingly endless supply of San Miguels and groovy tunes filling the warm night air. Perfect.
    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah well, you know. We do what we can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on a diet. I hate you.
    P.S. not really ;-). Haven't seen you on 'Teenage kicks' for a while. Don't be a stranger! take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you've got me wondering what a diet in South Korea involves eating (or not eating, come to that).

    Rest assured, have been regularly stopping by TK - but In A Silent Way ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.