Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Chelsea Girl



It's been a while since we played any blog tennis and I know it's the second link to her in so many days and I hope it won't go to the poor love's head, but....

Teutonic model turned artband vocalist/vamp records song kindly given by unknown singer/songwriter boyfriend on Cale-produced debut LP she later disowns?

Please don't confront me with my failures
I had not forgotten them

Nico - 'These Days' (1967)

----

PS: For those of you for whom not entirely in-tune heavily accented Germanic vocal phrasing is a tad much, may I recommend the composer's rather lovely late 'acoustic' rendition?

Jackson Browne - 'These Days' (solo acoustic version) (2005)

We aim to please.

3 comments:

  1. i've not dug this out for so so long and blimey it's lovely isn't it. cheers champ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. De nada. Good evenings drawing in and 'nights are cold' music, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.